Yu Tang received his B.Sc and M.Sc degree in Chemistry from Zhejiang University at Hangzhou, China. Now he is working with Dr. Franklin (Feng) Tao on the molecular level understanding of heterogenous catalysis. His research interests include following topics:
1) Synthesis and catalysis by singly atom dispersed catalyst.
2) Conversion of methane and ethane to syngas, oxygenates and more valuable hydrocarbon products.
3) Instrumentation development and application of ambient pressure XPS (AP-XPS) in the in-situ/operando studies of heterogenous catalysis.
4) Instrumentation development and application of X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) in the in-situ/operando studies of understanding the structure and properties of catalytic active sites.
The full publication list is updated in Google Scholar page:
Selected publications in KU:
(1) Tang, Y.; Li, Y.; Fung, V.; Jiang, D., Huang, W.; Zhang, S.; Iwasawa, Y.; Sakata, T.; Nguyen, L.; Zhang, X.; Frenkel, A.I. and Tao, F.* “Single rhodium atoms anchored in micropores for efficient transformation of methane under mild conditions”. Nature Communications. 2018, 9: 1231. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-03235-7. (This work is also reported by C&EN of ACS at https://cen.acs.org/articles/96/web/2018/03/Catalyst-makes-acetic-acid-methane.html)
(2) Tang, Y.; Ma, L.-J.; Dou, J.; Andolina, C.; Li, Y.; Ma, H.; House, S.; Zhang, X.; Yang, J. C.; Tao, F. F., “Transition of Surface Phase of Cobalt Oxide during CO Oxidation”. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2018, 20, 6440-6449. (DOI: 10.1039/C7CP07407G)
(3) Tang, Y.; Nguyen, L.; Li, Y.; Wang, N.; Tao, F. F., “Surface of a catalyst in a gas phase”, Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering 2016, 12, 52-61. (DOI: 10.1016/j.coche.2016.02.007)
(4) Nguyen, L.; Tang, Y.; Li, Y.; Zhang, X.; Tao, F.* "Dual reactor for in situ/operando fluorescent mode XAS studies of sample containing low-concentration 3d or 5d metal elements", Rev. Sci. Instrument., 2018, 89, 054103. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5022738.
(5) Dou,J.; Tang, Y.; Nie,L.; Andolina,C.M.; Zhang,X.; House,S.; Li,Y.; Yang,J.; Tao,F.* “Complete Oxidation of Methane on Co3O4/CeO2 Nanocomposite: A Synergistic Effect.” Catalysis Today, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.cattod.2017.12.027.
(6) Tao. F.*; Tang, Y. “Heterogeneous Catalysis: More than skimming the surface”, Nature Chemistry 2016, 8, 902-903. DOI: 10.1038/nchem.2630
(1) Yu Tang, Shiran Zhang, Franklin (Feng) Tao, Selective Hydrodeoxygenation of Anisole on a Cobalt Oxide-Based Bi-Functional Catalyst, North American Catalysis Society Meeting (NAM25), 2017, Oral Presentation
(2) Franklin (Feng) Tao, Yu Tang, et al, Catalytic transformation of methane to acetic acid under mild conditions, ACS Fall meeting, 2017, Oral Presentation
(3) Yu Tang, Shiran Zhang, Franklin (Feng) Tao, Selective Hydrodeoxygenation of Anisole on a Cobalt Oxide-based Bifunctional Catalyst at Low Temperature, Gordon Research Conference: Catalysis, 2016, Poster